Shopify Integration - FAQ
The most common issue here is a previous test with Shopify. This has already created a Payment Txn, with Record Type" of "Shopping Cart" and with the field "Reference" having a value. For most organisation the test Order Number ("Reference") is 100.
To fix, remove/change the reference number and then re-test.
If the above does not solve your issue, please check the following.
Please go to your merchant facility:
- Check in the License management area that the license key specifies Shopify and that the License Options include Shopify.
- Also check the expiry date of the License Options.
Please check your installation. In particular, you’ll have some security settings that are important
- Created external site
- Setup Site Security
If you had not completed the above, or made changes, please make sure you follow this process: How to connect your new site to your merchant facility
Then check your shopify installation.
- Make sure your webhook is for order payment
- Make sure you copy the secret key back into Salesforce
- On the Merchant Facility, make sure both Create Opportunity and Create Opportunity Line Items are ticked.
- Make sure you've created a Price Book and that it is active. See more information on Price Books here.
- Make sure all your products are setup already in the Price Book.
- There must be a price on the price book entry.
- Both the product and the price book entry for that product need to be active.
- The Product Code and the Product needs to match exactly with the product coming in from Shopify.
Product line items come from Shopify are stored in the Payment Item related Object to the Payment Txn. The field "Product Id" is used to locate the Product by the Products' field "Product Code". Should the Payment Item - Product Id field be blank, then the Payment Item - SKU field is used to locate the Product by the field "Product Code".
3.1. Log in to Shopify and go to "Products"
3.2. Go to the green "Add product" in the top right hand corner
3.3. Copy Product Id
Once that the products are setup, you should be able to see the product ID in the URL (refer to image below), copy this number in your Notepad. You will need this number for setting each product up in Salesforce. If you are adding multiple new products we suggest to make a list of the new product names, prices and these product IDs.
3.4. Locate Product Tab
Log in to your Salesforce administrator account and go to your nine dots icon in the top left corner under the cloud and search for "Products"
3.5. Add Product
Once in "Products" go to the "New" button in the top right hand side.
3.6. Copy Product Name
Copy product name from Shopify and paste it the field "Product Name" here in Salesforce (refer to image below). Make it Active and add the Product ID that you captured (from the URL of the product from Shopify) three steps before and Save.
3.7. Click on Details Tab
Once that you save, you should be in the Details tab. Go to the "Related" tab and "Add to Price Book".
3.8. Mark Active
Once in the "Price Books" type the price (in the field "List Price") of the product and make it Active and "Save".
3.9. Repeat for all Products
Repeat these last 4 steps as many times as you need depending on the number of products that you are adding in Shopify/Salesforce.
3.10. Set Price Book on Merchant Facility
After you have created you products, go to your Merchant Facility and confirm that the option "Price Book" is completed (you will need to select the Price Book). Additionally, depending on your set up you would need to have ticked the "Create Opportunity Line Items".