Which parameters can I use with the various URL Parameter options
There are currently 3 options for passing in data or selecting options with the Checkout Forms. These are:
- Dynamic URL Parameters
- URL Tokens
- Encrypted URL Parameters
Dynamic URL Parameters
This option is the easiest to get going. It is better suited for linking to internal Salesforce options, rather than public website forms, because each of the parameters supplied are human-readable and could be modified by a website visitor.
In this approach, all of the parameters are stored in a custom object call URL Parameters. A public facing form only shows the URL Token key and token combination. This is not human-readable. The only downside of URL Tokens is that you need a new record entry for each unique combination. For example, each contact. To cater for this, Payments2Us has easy ways of generating URL tokens against accounts, contacts, campaign members, opportunities, recurring payments etc. A simple workflow that sets a checkbox called "Create URL Token" will automatically generate these records.
Encrypted URL Parameters
This option is similar to Dynamic URL Parameters, except the parameters are NOT human-readable and are more secure. Encrypted parameters could be generated by your web master for passing in secure payment form options.
Default values are shown in the payment form.
1. List of available URL Parameters
There are a number of parameters that can be passed to the payment form through the URL. The table above lists these parameters.
Key shows which screen these options are available in:
- MP: Manual Payments
- UT: URL Tokens are available. The option is available in manual payments or checkout when MP or CO parameter’ are available.
- DP: Dynamic Parameters. Available in Checkout
- EP: Encrypted URL Parameters. Available in Checkout
- EC: Experience Cloud - Payments2Us Checkout Component
- R: Refund
- * Custom fields are available in URL Tokens. Create a custom field with the same name using the standard Salesforce custom fields functionality.