Direct Debits processing automatically overview
1. Introduction to Direct Debits processing automatically
The option of processing Direct Debits automatically is a similar method to processing credit cards where the daily processes managing the charging and updating of payment status's.
The option to process Direct Debits automatically is only available with Payments2Us through following payment gateways:
- Initial Facilities Setup - Payment gateway and Terms/Conditions initial setup
- Manual Setup of Payee for Direct Debit - From within Salesforce adding a new Direct Debit setup
- Payee signs up online for Direct Debit - From the online checkout, Payee Signs up and enters details
- Copy of Agreement sent to Account Holder - Email of Terms and Conditions sent to Account holder
- Daily Recurring Payment Processor - Automatic process that looks for Direct Debits that are due for charging and adds payment request
- Daily Direct Debit Check Processor - Automatic process that looks for Direct Debit updates. Banks can take 2 to 5 days to confirm/reject the payment request.
- Payment Txn Status set to Payment Complete or Error. This is set by the Daily Direct Debit Check Processor based on the response from the Account Holders bank.
- Payment Txn generated with status "Direct Debit Start", then shortly after changes to "Direct Debit Assigned Batch" and a 3rd automatic processor changes the status to "Direct Debit Processing".
When payments are generated, they are linked to a new Direct Debit batch for the day.
- Payment Txn linked to Direct Debit Batch