Import Files Overview
Import files enables organisations to import payment transactions from virtually any system that can generate a comma separated value (CSV) file.
Import files are capable of handling CSV files with more than 40,000 rows. The main exception to this is GiveNow file format where headers and totals are left making the limit around 10,000 rows.
The import file process consist of the following broad steps:
- Select the import file
- Match the column Headings from the spreadsheet with fields in Payments2Us
- Upload the CSV file
- Review the imported data and make sure all is OK
- Process the Imported details. This creates Payment Txn records which are then processed by the Batch Processor as normal Credit Card or Manual Payments would be processed.
For some import files, they may bring in values for Fundraiser first name, Fundraiser last name and Fundraiser ID. For these import types, the Payment Txn Generated will have a related Payment Item created of type “Soft Credit”. It is recommended that the following settings be enabled:
- The Merchant Facility Tab has Matching rules that include “Fundraiser ID”, eg. First Name + Last Name + Fundraiser ID
- The Payment Form has “Enable Soft Credits” set to Yes
- You are using the Non-profit starter pack as this has special functionality for Soft Credits
Should the import line item be matched to a Campaign Name and there is a value in this data, then the line will be linked to an active Campaign with the same name. If an active campaign does not exist then the line item will be marked as being in error.
Whilst the import process is generic, it has built in templates to make the process much simpler for:
- Australia GiveNow
- Australia GoFundraise
- Australia Everyday Hero
- Australia BPAY CBA
Please see related sections for details on items where specific logic exists for each of the above import types.
See the Import Files FAQ Section for more tips.