2.4 June 2013
2.4 Release Notes
- For subscription issues, mailout address details are now generated and related to the particular issue. Four new reports have been created for mailout management. These are all subscribers that have purchased as single issue, all subscribers where this is their last issue to receive, all subscribers with multiple copies and all subscribers for this issue regardless of number of copies or final issue.
- Subscription issues now support multiple copies. The number of copies requires a manual update and is not currently driven from the online checkout.
- Free memberships support for memberships processed through the manual payments option. This is useful for gifted membership or life membership types.
- For new members, they can now go through an approval process. New buttons have been added to the Account Subscriptions and Subscriptions list views and page details to allow for quick and simple approval or one or multiple members at once.
- For new approved members and renewing members, a membership confirmation PDF can document be generated and emailed to subscribers.
- For contacts, account subscribers and subscribers, a “Print Email Receipt” field is maintained automatically. This will have the “Merchant Facility” Receipt email value if the contacts email address is blank, or will have the contacts email if it is available. This is used for workflows to either send details directly to the contact or if no email address is on file, these emails can go to an internal staff member. This is particularly useful for membership renewal notices so that staff can print and mail out renewal notices if an email address is not on file.
- Membership/Subscriber renewals now generate a PDF attachment providing a more professional and better looking renewal document
- Receipts have been updated to not print bucket account names (eg. “Individual”) or account names if they are the same contact name. Some other minor were made to styling.
- Minor User interface updates. Save button no longer appears twice on family memberships, removal of flicker for family memberships, membership No. defaults in with renewal URL token
- Special processing and handling when more than 100,000 contacts are on file. Updates to installation manual for specific instructions for organisations that have or are likely to have more than 100k of contacts or accounts.
2.4 Post upgrade notes
- Payment Types - Edit page layout, add membership renewal text, membership confirmation text, current issue
- Account Subscription edit layout, add membership status, quantity, current issue, most recent mailout subscription, Print Email receipt. Also add buttons: Membership Approved, Renewal notice, confirmation notice.
- Account subscription Search Layouts - Account Subscriptions List View. Add button Membership Approval.
- Subscription edit layout, add membership status, quantity, current issue, most recent mail out subscription, Print Email receipt. Also add buttons: Membership Approved, Renewal notice, confirmation notice.
- subscription Search Layouts - Subscriptions List View. Add button Membership Approval.
- Merchant facility. Remove current value in “Print Email Receipt”. Save. Put value back into “Print Email Receipt” and save again. This will do a global update.
- Email Templates. Update renewal reminders: Renewal - 1st Account Reminder w/ PDF, Renewal - 1st Reminder w/ PDF, Renewal - 2nd Reminder w/ PDF, Renewal - 2nd Account Reminder w/ PDF.
Ensure values are entered on Payment Type 2 by text fields for renewal reminders/membership confirmation
- Also update all (4) time based workflows to use new email templates. Make sure use “w/PDF” version and are sent to “Email field = Print Email Receipt”
- Object. Subscription Issue, edit page layout and add buttons: Mailout generation, Mailout single, mailout multiple, mailout final, mailout all.
Also, add field mailout batch No, Last mailout generation (make both fields read only on page layout)