How to set up 'Checkout & Pay Later' option
There are several options where the Payee might be allowed to pay later, these include:
- Invoice Me
- Send By Post
- Bank Transfer
- NDIS Claim
- Pay Using PayID
For these options, the payee commits to the payment/donation on the webform checkout and then later posts in (or bank transfers) the amount. An internal staff member receives the payment and marks the payment as received.
The Merchant Facility tab can be found within the Payments2Us menu (Top right picklist in Salesforce - Select Payments2Us), or it can be found under the "More" at the end of the tabs. (In Salesforce Classic - It can be under the "+" at the end of the tabs)
Once you have clicked on the Merchant Facility Tab, select the appropriate List view (Example - "All Merchant Facilities") and click into Merchant Facility you wish to update.
- Locate the Payment Method field and double click
- Select PayPal and then press OK button followed by the SAVE button
The sections below provide more details of the process flows. The colour coding used in the processes are:
- Payments2Us pages are those pages using salesforce.com sites functionality
- External web is a non salesforce.com page, such as Pay Pal.
- Payee Actions are manual steps that a payee needs to do. These could include sending payments.
Internal Staff are actions required by internal users of Payments2Us where they need to perform a manual step within Salesforce.
Once a payment is received, you need to locate the Payment and then mark the Payment as received.
You can optionally record details about the payment such as cheque, method of payment etc.
To locate the Payment Txn, you can either:
- Do a global search based on the bank transfer reference
- Navigate to the Payment Txn, select the list view "All Awaiting Payment" (Shown in screenshot above)
- Locate the Contact or Account and see the related Payment Txn records
Click into the Payment Txn that you wish to mark as received.
Press the PAYMENT RECEIVED button.