How to manage credit card and expiry details
Credit Card number and CCV details are never stored in Salesforce. Payments2Us uses a token to charge the card at future dates - this token is stored in the Billing Token field.
If a card has expired or is invalid, then you will need to re-tokenise it.
You can get a list of expired cards by filtering on the Card Expiry Date on the Recurring Payment Object by either:
- Selecting a list view filter on the Recurring Payments Tab (for example "All Active Cards Expiring" or "All Suspended - Max Retries Exceeded"
- Running a custom report over the Recurring Payments Object
- Being alerted by a workflow rule (approx 45 days prior) of cards expiring
You can locate the recurring payment by:
- Navigating to the Recurring Payments Tab, selecting that appropriate list view (Classic - Press GO button)
- Finding the Contact, clicking into the Contact and scrolling down to the related Recurring Payments list
If only the Card Expiry date has changed, then it is often a lot simpler and more secure to just get the card expiry date. Press this button to update the card expiry date only.
If the card has changed then you will need to re-tokenise the card by entering the full card details by pressing Update Card Details button.
NOTE: This will re-authorise the card and in doing so, the card holder may see a $1 charge (reservation of funds). This reservation of funds will automatically disappear from their account after 7 days.