How to send out first automated reminders - contact level
This workflow setup is required if you wish to send out a first automated reminder to Contact level members/subscribers.
- Clone Workflow rule "1st Renewal Reminder [ADD TIME BASED WORKFLOW]" and rename to "1st Renewal Reminder"
- Add Immediate Workflow Actions. Select Existing - Field Update "set 1st Reminder Due"
- Add a Time-Dependant Action. Set it to fire 30 days before subscription end date (or time period you would like).
Add Action - use existing workflow - "Email Alert: send 1st Renewal Reminder Email"
Add Action - use existing workflow - "Field Update: set 2nd Reminder Due"
- Add Immediate Workflow Actions: Task - use existing workflow - "Renewal Reminder Sent"
- Optionally review and update the renewal email templates
Select Add Workflow Action under the "Immediate Workflow Actions" Sections. Then 'Select Existing Action'.
This Workflow Action is set as a trigger for the 2nd Reminder.
Make sure you are NOT adding a time based workflow, but an immediate one