For customers using the Windave payment gateway:
Apart from merchants using the First Data (FDRA) Australian network, the bank specifies what will appear on the customers statements. If you would like a different name to appear on them, then you are best to contact your local bank representative. If you are transacting on the FDRA network, then you will need to inform us what you would like to appear on your cardholder's statements and also inform your bank.
When you setup your Merchant Facilities, did you get this card type included? It is normal for Visa/Mastercard to be setup and included, but you will also need a separate Merchant Facility for American Express, Diners Card etc.
If you did get this setup, did you notify payments2us.com that you wish to use this facility and provide the Merchant Info?. If not, please contact [email protected] with the details. Please note, additional Merchant Facilities do attract a once-off/one time setup fee.
Please contact your Merchant Facility provider (bank) and let them know which card types are not working.
AFTER checking with Merchant Facility provider, if have not been able to resolve then please contact [email protected]
If the issuing bank is say an overseas bank, then it could be that particular bank that is causing the issue. The card holder will need to contact the bank and ask them to resolve.
There are a series different sets of usernames:
- Payline Account - This is the Windcave portal username that can be used to view all the transactions from within Windcave via https://sec.windcave.com/pxmi3/logon
- PxPost Account - This is the account used to enter into the Payment Gateway UserID field on your Merchant Facility. Enter the password for this account in the Payment Gateway Password field. This is the connection between Salesforce and Windcave. If these credentials are incorrect the transactions will be declined.
For customers who also use PxPay (Prepay), you will also have:
- PxPay Account - This is the account used in the the PxPay/PxFusion UserID field. Enter the password for this account in the PxPay/PxFusion Password field.
Things to note:
- Each username has it's own password. They are unrealated and if any change will not change the other accounts.
- Changing of passwords for all accounts need to be manually done through Windcave. They cannot be reset within the Payline portal. If you need to reset any passwords contact Windcave via https://www.windcave.com/contact
- If you reset any passwords, everywhere that uses those credentials will need to be updated
- Payments2Us does not hold any of your passwords not has the authority to access or reset passwords.
- When contacting Windcave you will need to quote your Customer Number. If you do not have this contact [email protected] to retrieve
You can make changes to the HPP in Payline, but only the Windcave support can apply changes to live pages. So once you make your changes you will have to lodge a request to Windcave support ([email protected]) to make those updates live.
Payline is used for you can access online to your account. You can log into this https://sec.windcave.com/pxmi3/logon
Please note that this is not needed by Payments2Us . Resetting the Payline password will not have any impact on Payments2Us setup.
The way the process for the forms work is:
1. Payments2Us Checkout form (users enters details)
2. We create the Payment Txn - status of "Confirmation" - includes details entered
3. We pass over to the Windcave PxPay form
4. User enters payment details
4a. [THIS STEP SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, but is currently setup] User sees Windcave PxPay screen.
5. Windcave returns to Payments2Us checkout screen.
6. Payments2Us checks Windcave to confirm the payment details. Then updates the Payment Txn to a status of "Payment Complete"
If step 6 of this setup procedure has not been implemented, the transaction created will be in Confirmation status.
TIP: Do not close the screen/browser after step 4a: What usually happens is that the user completes steps 1, 4a and they see they have paid and all is okay, then they close the screen/browser and that stops steps 5 and 6. So, Salesforce does NOT get updated.
Solution will be to complete Step 6 in the setup link- https://help.payments2us.com/m/installation/l/824448-how-to-setup-windcave-payment-express-pxpay
The "Next" button confirms that the transaction was initiated from Payments2Us.
Multi currency only works with a Merchant Facility of NAB in Australia and BNZ in NZ.
This feature can be used with the above banks if an organization would like the customer/donor to select a different currency on the checkout form
You need to make sure your Merchant Facility (known as the Acquirer) has given permission and setup your account for ignoring recurring payment expiry dates AND they have applied those settings to your account. Should you not do this step, then you are likely to be in breach of your terms and conditions with the acquirer and the transactions are likely to fail.
Note, the ignoring of expiry dates is ONLY available for recurring billing. The initial sign up or card updates will always require and expiry date.
Once you have confirmed permission with the acquirer, then you can enable "Use Client Type - Recurring" on the Merchant Facility
When the card is updated, an Auth transaction for $0.01 is attempted. This does NOT charge the card, but reserves 1 cent. This reserve disappears after 7 days.
The card holder most likely does not have any funds left/over their limit and the transaction has failed.
Try in a few days time, or contact the card holder.
If the card still fails, ask the card holder to contact their bank to see why the funds are not being approved.
The error message is returned from the payment gateway (Windcave) and is not something generated by Payments2Us. You can try contacting their support, but extremely likely to be asked to contact the Card holder and ask them to check with their bank.
This error means the Billing Token is invalid.
The billing token is located on the Recurring Payment Object and is used to charge the Credit Card for Recurring Billing/Donations.
What may have happened is Windcave Billing Tokens often have 4 or 5 leading zeros. If you have migrated the data and used Excel, then it is likely the leading zeros were removed.
Update the Billing Token on the Recurring Payment with the Correct Token.
It is part of your contractual agreement in using Windcave to have both the logo and privacy terms shown. You therefore cannot remove these.
For CBA, after you go live, please keep an eye on the Bank Deposit date. If the Bank Deposit Date does not change from day to day, then this means CBA have missed a setup step. The below is what we've been told in the past in relation to the issue/fix that CBA needs to do:
The merchant officer mentioned that they made a change to settlement options and timing to fix issue
- (CHANGED TO) Bank Initiated, vs. Merchant Initiated.
- Windcave advised "enabling Host Settlement"
PLEASE NOTE, this is something only CBA can fix. There is nothing that Payments2Us or Windcave can change.
NOTE: Windcave is retiring the connectivity to CBA as the acquirer in 17 April 2023. You will need to get Acquiring through Windcave Directly or switch Payment Gateways.
With Windcave doing the acquiring, the funds can still settle into your bank account.
We advise acting on this early as application process can take some time. You can apply directly to Windcave at: https://sec.windcave.com/pxmi3/merchantapplicationau
Should you have further questions, please contact Windcave Support or Sales directly
This indicates an issue with the Payment Gateway. It is normally temporary and should resolve relatively quickly.
For further information, please contact Windcave Support.
Note, Windcave does offer an alert service for interuptions - please check their website or contact Windcave Support for more info or signing up.
Should Windcave service be down, you will likely get a timeout error.
You can check the status of Windcave and subscribe to outage alerts at: https://status.windcave.com/
Should you get timeout errors, we do have a process that runs 4 times a day to check the Payment Txn in Salesforce with Windcave online. It is also a good idea for you to check Payment Txns in Salesforce status vs. the Status of the payment in Windcaves online portal (PayLine)
For Windcave PxPay, the Card Numbers only show after the Captcha has been completed AND the "Next" button is pressed.
After the "Next" button is pressed, the Windcave hosted PxPay form will display and that will prompt for the card holder and card details.
If you have received an email from Windcave advising on an IP Address update and to ask your Technical Teams to take action, then the following applies:
- We do not believe this will impact our customers as the request come from the Salesforce servers and not your own IP address. We use specific URL (Endpoints) and these are not changing.
- Should we have any news or updates, this FAQ will be updated. So, please check back before the proposed go live date of 15th August 2023
To take a payment you need 3 components:
- App to capture the payment. This is Payments2Us
- A Payment Gateway. This connects to the Banking System and transfers the funds to your Merchant Facility.
For your organisation, this would be setup to use Windcave and that is sold through Payments2Us.
- A Merchant Facility. This is like a line of credit and holds your funds for a little while and normally on a daily basis then settles into your bank account. This is the component of credit card processing that normally charges a percentage fee.
If you are getting this email, then this means you currently have a Merchant Facility with ANZ
What this email is saying is that Windcave are no longer supporting ANZ as a 3rd party Merchant Facility (3).
The choices you have are:
- Get the Merchant Facility through Windcave.
This is the simplest option and least hassle to do. It also means no interruption to regular payments/donations.
The email from Windcave would have some notes on how to apply for this. As noted above, this is like a line of credit, so not all organisations will be approved. For this reason, we recommend applying sooner than later.
- Switch to a different Payment Gateway.
You can use any of our supported payment gateways.
Note, for this option, if you have regular givers/payers then you'll need them to sign up again to get use the new gateway.