Payment Gateway - FAQ
1. All Payment Gateways
Currently Payments2Us is availble with:
Windcave (formally Payment Express) - https://www.windcave.com/
Stripe - https://stripe.com/au
Authorize.Net - https://www.authorize.net/
EziDebit - https://www.ezidebit.com
DataTrans - https://www.datatrans.ch/en/
If you have any queries regarding other payment gateways, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your question might also look like " I have Stripe and Paypal both option on Payment Form and I do need both to be configured both on single form but payment form only gives me the option of single webhook key. Either i go with Stripe or I go with Paypal. I have attached a picture of the form's section."
Whilst the webhooks are specified at the Payment Form level, they are NOT specific to that Payment Form. You can create two Payment Forms, one for Stripe, one for PayPal and enter the corresponding webhook in each respective Payment Form.
So you would specify Stripe and the Stripe Webhook Secret Key on Payment Form 1.
And specify PayPal and the PayPal Webhook Secret Key on Payment Form 2.
You can then use Stripe or PayPal as checkout options with with Payment Form.
2. Windcave specific
For customers using the Windave payment gateway:
Apart from merchants using the First Data (FDRA) Australian network, the bank specifies what will appear on the customers statements. If you would like a different name to appear on them, then you are best to contact your local bank representative. If you are transacting on the FDRA network, then you will need to inform us what you would like to appear on your cardholder's statements and also inform your bank.
When you setup your Merchant Facilities, did you get this card type included? It is normal for Visa/Mastercard to be setup and included, but you will also need a separate Merchant Facility for American Express, Diners Card etc.
If you did get this setup, did you notify payments2us.com that you wish to use this facility and provide the Merchant Info?. If not, please contact email@example.com with the details. Please note, additional Merchant Facilities do attract a once-off/one time setup fee.
Please contact your Merchant Facility provider (bank) and let them know which card types are not working.
AFTER checking with Merchant Facility provider, if have not been able to resolve then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If the issuing bank is say an overseas bank, then it could be that particular bank that is causing the issue. The card holder will need to contact the bank and ask them to resolve.
There are a series different sets of usernames:
- Payline Account - This is the Windcave portal username that can be used to view all the transactions from within Windcave via https://sec.windcave.com/pxmi3/logon
- PxPost Account - This is the account used to enter into the Payment Gateway UserID field on your Merchant Facility. Enter the password for this account in the Payment Gateway Password field. This is the connection between Salesforce and Windcave. If these credentials are incorrect txns will be declined.
For customers who also use PxPay (Prepay), you will also have:
- PxPay Account - This is the account used in the the PxPay/PxFusion UserID field. Enter the password for this account in the PxPay/PxFusion Password field.
Things to note:
- Each username has it's own password. They are unrealated and if any change will not change the other accounts.
- Changing of passwords for all accounts need to be manually done through Windcave. They cannot be reset within the Payline portal. If you need to reset any passwords contact Windcave via https://www.windcave.com/contact
- If you reset any passwords, everywhere that uses those credentials will need to be updated
- Payments2Us does not hold any of your passwords not has the authority to access or reset passwords.
- When contacting Windcave you will need to quote your Customer Number. If you do not have this contact email@example.com to retrieve
You can make changes to the HPP in Payline, but only the Windcave support can apply changes to live pages. So once you make your changes you will have to lodge a request to Windcave support (Support@windcave.com) to make those updates live.
Payline is for your online access to your account. You can log into this https://sec.windcave.com/pxmi3/logon
This is not need by Payments2Us . Resetting the Payline password will not have any impact on Payments2Us setup.
The way the process for the forms work is:
1. Payments2Us Checkout form (users enters details)
2. We create the Payment Txn - status of "Confirmation" - includes details entered
3. We pass over to the Windcave PxPay form
4. User enters payment details
4a. [THIS STEP SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, but is currently setup] User sees Windcave PxPay screen.
5. Windcave returns to Payments2Us checkout screen.
6. Payments2Us checks Windcave to confirm the payment details. Then updates the Payment Txn to a status of "Payment Complete"
If step 6 of this setup procedure has not been implemented this creates Payment Txns in Confirmation status.
So, what happens is the user completes steps 1..4a and they see they have paid and all is okay. They close the screen/browser and that stops steps 5 and 6. So, Salesforce does NOT get updated.
Solution will be to complete Step 6 in the setup link- https://help.payments2us.com/m/installation/l/824448-how-to-setup-windcave-payment-express-pxpay
The "Next" button confirms that the transaction was initiated from Payments2Us.
Multi currency only works with a Merchant Facility of NAB in Australia and BNZ in NZ.
This feature can be used with the above banks if an organization would like the customer/donor to select a different currency on the checkout form
You need to make sure your Merchant Facility (known as the Acquirer) has given permission and setup your account for ignoring recurring payment expiry dates AND they have applied those settings to your account. Should you not do this step, then you are likely to be in breach of your terms and conditions with the acquirer and the transactions are likely to fail.
Note, the ignoring of expiry dates is ONLY available for recurring billing. The initial sign up or card updates will always require and expiry date.
Once you have confirmed permission with the acquirer, then you can enable "Use Client Type - Recurring" on the Merchant Facility
When the card is updated, an Auth transaction for $0.01 is attempted. This does NOT charge the card, but reserves 1 cent. This reserve disappears after 7 days.
The card holder most likely does not have any funds left/over their limit and the transaction has failed.
Try in a few days time, or contact the card holder.
If the card still fails, ask the card holder to contact their bank to see why the funds are not being approved.
The error message is returned from the payment gateway (Windcave) and is not something generated by Payments2Us. You can try contacting their support, but extremely likely to be asked to contact the Card holder and ask them to check with their bank.
3. Authorize.net Specific
eChecks can take upto 6 days to clear and settle into your bank account. The Payment Txn will have a status of "eCheck Pending" until it is settled.
When the daily Recurring Payment Processor finishes, a second process is started that checks Authorize.net for transactions over the last 7 days to see if the transaction have settled successfully or not. The Payment Txn status is updated to "Payment Complete" if the transaction was successful and "Error" if it was not. The transaction check processor also updates the Payment Txn field "Settlement Date/Time" and assigns the Authorize.net Batch Id to "Payer Id" field.
For more on Authorize.net eCheck settlements, see How does the eCheck.Net settlement process work?
Please see the FAQ Above "When do eChecks's settle".
The Recurring Payment Process MUST be started, even if you are not using Recurring Payments. The Recurring Payment Processor when finished then triggers another processor that checks for eChecks being settled and will then mark the transactions as Payment Complete or Error.
See FAQ on starting batch processors (but select the one for "Recurring Payment Processor")
4. EziDebit Specific
Payments2Us does not use, create or update the plan in EziDebit.
Payments2Us uses the "plan" / schedule on the Recurring Payment. The Recurring Payment Processor that runs each morning will generate and charge Cards/Direct Debits that are due on that day.
No, the online setup form is used to create tokenise the account details and to create the Recurring Payment Schedule.
For EziDebit, the Recurring Payment is automatically marked as Active. The Recurring Payment Processor will generate a charge on the Next Payment Date.
This error occurs if the attempted charge date is more than 30 days of the Transaction date on the Payment Txn.
You can use Transact Payment to process cards without CCV. See Transact Payment for more information.
This error occurs when the "Payment Gateway Customer Profile Id" on the Recurring Record is blank.
The most common reason for this is the Recurring Record was created manually and the Account Details were updated manually rather than via the Update Account Details button.
To Solve this,
1. Update the field with Contract Id from Ezidebit for the payee, if payee exists in Ezidebit.
2. If payee does not exist in Ezidebit then Update the Account details via Update Account Details button.
See link Section 5
5. Stripe Specific
The Statement Description on Card holders account comes from the Merchant Facility-> "Organisation Name" field.
Locate the Payment Txn that you are looking to have investigated, then locate:
- Payment Confirmation No.
- If the Payment Confirmation No. is blank, then use Payer Id
Login to Stripe Dashboard, then go to:
- For production: https://dashboard.stripe.com/logs
- For Test/Sandbox: https://dashboard.stripe.com/test/logs
Paste the valued (Payment Confirmation No. OR Payer Id) from above into the search box and press enter (1)
Then copy the value of the id beginning with "req_". This is what you need to send to Stripe support.
For some themes, the Expiry date and CCV can be a little light and harder to see. User will see this when entering the card details.
Should this be a concern, you can:
- Select a different "Theme" option on the Merchant Facility
- Change the Payment Gateway on the Merchant Facility to "Stripe SCA". This is the preferred option for Stripe as it uses their newer APIs
- Get your web developer to setup custom theme. Note, custom themes do have an extra monthly cost and should your web developer have questions that cannot be answered from the help guide, then you may need a Premium Support Block to assist. The advantage to this option though is your form would better match the rest of your websites branding.
6. 6. NAB Transact
Please check if the sharing rules have been setup properly. Especially check for the Recurring Payments Sharing Settings.
Note: this is applicable if the error is in the Payment Gateway Response Desc