How to set up Import Files
Import Files supports 3 modes of uploading files, these are:
- Upload from file on your PC/Mac
- Email to Salesforce
In order to use the Import Files email-to-salesforce, you will need to setup the following:
- An Apex Email Listener for the importFileEmailListener Class
This procedure takes you through how to setup the email listener.
Under Setup > Develop > Email Service. Click the New Email Service button
- Ensure you link the service to the Apex Class: importFileEmailListener
- Accept all attachments
- Put authorized individual emails and/or your companies domain here. If the email is forwarded from a different email then it will not be accepted.
- Re-queue if you go over your daily limit
- Enable Error Routing
- Send any errors to a support person in your organization.
Press Save and New Email address
Send an email to the email address created in the previous step.
TIP: If you include in the body of the email "AAkPay__Import_Type__c: XXXX" where XXXX is the Import File objects - Import File Type picklist value, then this is the value that will be used for the upload.
For the technically minded, if you use the api_file_name:xxxx then this will work upload/apply this value for any field on the Import File Object