How to add a custom URL - Optional
You may wish to have a custom URL to match your domain or branding. This can be used when sending out emails or SMS/Texts with links in them - particularly if having a shorter URL is important.
Before starting this section, you will need to ensure you have access to your website domain management
- Setup > domain management - add a new domain
- From step 1, note details and login to your domain management and apply
- Enter domain in domain management - add a new domain - Save
- Link domain to your site - setup > domain management > custom URL
- Optionally, add a new formula field to URL Token. Formula is based on: "https://pay.mydomain.com/U/"&AAkPay__Tiny_Token__c
Please note and read the instructions as detailed here. You will need to copy these details and use them in the next step. Keep this screen in Salesforce open as you will need to come back to here in step 3.
To do these steps, you will need to be an administrator of your domain. As each provider is different, please check with your provider for exact instructions
For our example domain, we are choosing to use pay.aakonsultpayments.com. We have copied the sample given is step 2, point (1) and replaced [domain] with the one we wish to use.
Navigate back to the tab that was opened in step 2, enter your domain name and press save. Please note, the CNAME records in step 3 make take upto 24 hours before they become available.
Link the domain created in step 4 to the Site that was created when setting up Force.com sites.
Your new URL is now ready to use.
It is useful to have a URL field created on the URL Token for use with email merges or SMS/Text Message merge.
After navigating to setup > Create > Custom Objects. Click on the "URL Token" object.
Scroll down to the Custom Fields & Relationships section. Then press the New button