When does a receipt use the Receipt Letter or Receipt Text (OLD) field?
The receipt text for the PDF attachment is derived in the following order.
- Campaign – receipt letter
- Campaign – Receipt Text (OLD)
- Payment Form – receipt letter
- Payment Form – receipt Text (OLD)
- Merchant Facility – receipt letter
- Merchant Facility – receipt text (OLD)
If a campaign is not linked/associated with the payment txn, then it will revert to the next in the sequence.
If a letter or text is found in the above sequence, then that is used an not other combination is checked.
The letter object is being improved an enhanced all the time and is the preferred option moving forward. Receipt Text (OLD) is still available so that customer upgrading are not affected.