How do I test in Sandbox with my Merchant Facility copy, but make sure it does not start charging cards in my live instance by mistake?
Always proceed with caution when copying your Merchant Facility from Production into a Sandbox. It will copy all information from your live Merchant Facility, including IDs, Usernames and passwords.
We recommend to use a Demo Facility for any testing in Sandbox. This is a facility that has Demo credentials in the Payment Gateway User. You can create one in your Sandbox if there is not one by creating samples following these steps.
Replace the copied Production Org ID only on the Demo Facility, to the Org ID of the Sandbox instance you are in. The processors will not work if these do not match.
Note: The Merchant Facility needs the 18 digit ID, not the 15 digit ID. If you cannot find it, the ID can be converted at this site: https://www.adminbooster.com/tool/15to18
Beware: If a Merchant Facility has the following in either Production or Sandbox, it has the capacity to charge any Credit Cards attached
- The Merchant Facility is active.
- The Payment Gateway and password are live credentials.
- The Salesforce ID on the Merchant Facility matches the Org ID of the instance it is in. Note that it will copy the Production Org ID into the Sandbox so they will not match unless edited.
We recommend the following steps to make sure the Sandbox doesn't accidently start taking live payments.
- Use a Demo Merchant Facility for any testing in Sandbox.
- Removed the Payment Gateway User Name and/or password off your Live copied Merchant Facilities in your Sandbox
- Do not change the Org ID on any Live copied Merchant Facilities in your Sandbox